The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) is implementing Pennsylvania’s Educator Effectiveness System. This includes PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting for the 15 percent teacher specific data. PDE is offering to all LEAs the option of participating in a one-time pilot of the PVAAS roster verification process and system for PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting.
Participation in the pilot will allow teachers, principals, and superintendents/designees to access PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting in the fall of 2013. This is the ONLY opportunity for LEAs to experience the process, time and resources needed to yield PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting before it actually “counts” towards the first PVAAS three-year rolling average in the Teacher Evaluation System.
Participation in the PVAAS pilot will provide your LEA with information to plan for full implementation of the PVAAS roster verification process and system during 2013-2014 school year. LEAs may choose their level of pilot participation: opting to include all schools in your LEA, some schools, or only one school. LEAs also have the option of determining which grade levels, subjects, courses and number of teachers to include from each pilot school.
Please review the complete details about PVAAS pilot participation. This information is located To learn more about the PVAAS pilot, PDE is offering four “What is the PVAAS Pilot?” statewide webinars (these will be archived for anyone that cannot participate in a live session):
- February 22, 2013 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
- February 25, 2013 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- February 26, 2013 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
- February 26, 2013 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Registration is NOT required to participate in these webinars. A link to join a live webinar will become active 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. To join a session, Using the page numbers on the lower right corner, click through the pages of session titles until you see the title of the session you would like to join.
LEAs must communicate their “Intent to Participate” in the PVAAS pilot via this online survey:
Requirements and timeline for pilot participation:
- By March 1: Submit “Intent to Participate in Pilot” survey
- By March 15: Submit file of staff email addresses and PPIDs (required format)
- April 15-26: Participate in one roster verification training (https://pvaas.sas.com)
- April 29 – June 7: Complete PVAAS roster verification process
- May 13 – June 13: Provide feedback to PDE regarding PVAAS roster verification
- Fall 2013: Participate in one PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting training
- Fall/Winter 2013: Provide feedback to PDE regarding PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting.
This article originally appeared on paessp